Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Joining 2 files

bill_pikebill_pike Member Posts: 3 EDU
edited January 2017 in Community Support
I am trying to take the logo for the program that I work for and add it to a circular object.  The logo has some splines in it and would be challenging to recreate.  So I have 2 questions:
1) Is it possible to scale down the logo to a smaller size without having to recreate it?
2) Is it possible to then attach the logo to the curved surface?  I have looked at the FeatureScripts and have not found anything that works
In the picture, the logo is the "MESA" and the rings are the curved surface.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can import the logo successfully at the existing size, and it consists of closed profiles (or can be made to be), you can then just extrude a solid or surface version of the logo. From there, you can use a transform to size it to your liking. To get it on a face, you can just intersect the transformed solid or surface with the target face.