Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Dimention-driven array

konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
Like in last versions of SW - generating an array with variable dimentions of the base feature, or the copy-feature instrument that makes editable copies and places them in connector-defined coordinates
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @konstantin_shiriazdanov Can you clarify what you mean here?  You can do patterns with variables that calculate per each instance.. but are you more after that ability to copy features like this so you can make individual varied instances?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lougallo, yes, I meant about your second suggestion, variables in arrays is a great idea but they can handle only mathematical dependences with constant iteration step like {dim1=f[n], n=n+1} (if we don't wont make polinomial interpolation)
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,176
    Sorry, I'm also not fully following.  I think by "array" you mean what we call "pattern".  If so, a feature pattern transforming variables linearly can be used to specify arbitrary parameters.  For example, in a pattern of five extrudes, I want the extrude depth to be 4, 2, 3, 2, 3 meters, I could pattern the variable n to be 1,2,3,4,5 by adding 1 to it inside the pattern and then set the extrude depth to
    [4,2,3,2,3][#n] * meter
    This uses our array literal and access syntax.  If you want to define a more complicated function, that is also fairly easy using FeatureScript (see https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/3600/function-variables).  If you are looking for something else, I think a picture would help us understand.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc