Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

MDM & Onshape

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
Southern California 2017:

I was there.

Comments

• Options
    PahlPahl Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    What did you get to see?
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited February 2017
    Pahl-

I gave the OS guys a hard time, especially when they'd ask me if I've ever seen OS.

I was interested in the narrative between OS and people in the booth. MDM was the biggest CAD show in Southern California in the past, but today, it's seems like CAD has moved back to square one, back to the days of shade & spin, not a feature oriented show (show me the latest features). I was only there for a couple of hours, I could be off.

I did speak with all the partners in the booth to see what they were upto. There are many good apps that I'll look into further.

The most impressive thing was 'lightmaps' by one render that could allow you to shade & spin your models on your website. It's in alpha, probably shouldn't be talking about it, but there's a real need for a web based viewer. This is a great alternative to writing your own webgl viewer, sucking the data out of OS and trying to display tessellated data.