Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I use parts in my own design?

jrs_spedleyjrs_spedley Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
I'm quite sure I'm just missing some terminology, many things in onshape just have different ways of doing it.

I'm designing a ring in 3 parts which I want to fit together.  My intention was to get three different parts from other drawings (a jewel, a heart and a flower) and then blend each part to one ring each and subtract the parts from the other rings.
So there would be 3 rings, one with a jewel, one with a heart and one with a flower and they would all fit together to form one larger ring.

Making the ring is easy but I can't import the other parts so that I can do a scale, move and boolean operations on them.

What am I missing?

My ring is here .... https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2df07ec85f95917b09dac450/w/70e7cc4559dcddc3cb31da2a/e/53a38c154a0b66cd99c8bcbc

Comments