Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I join paths?

arasaras Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
I draw a star by crossing lines. Now I like to join those lines to create the start shape I am after. How can I combine all the lines so that the small segment inside either get removes or become a separate line segment that I could remove manually?

I want to only have the outer lines left.

Best Answer

Answers

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aras
    Trimming out the extra lines may be helpful to you to make the sketch clearer, but it's perhaps worth pointing out that trimming out extraneous geometry is not usually something which the Onshape app itself requires.
    You can very easily select just the parts of a sketch you want to use for a particular feature.

See the video tutorials on sketching to see how this works.
  • arasaras Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    @JakeRamsley that is perfect, exactly what I was trying to do.
  • cyclonewadecyclonewade OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    Hi Aras,

I used a the polygon tool to create the star points and then connected them with lines with a part i created the other day.  It may make it easier next time around.

Wade
    Star.png 130.2K
    imagine.create.deliver