Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to accurately locate an imported sketch

brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
I have a sketch in one document which I would like to use in another. I am able to copy the sketch from the first document and create a sketch in a Part Studio in the new document and paste the copied sketch into it. The pasted sketch appears at an arbitrary position and has a manipulator with which to adjust its position but positioning it so that the origin of the sketch is coincident with the origin of the new Part Studio seems to rely on "eyeballing" it at a large magnification. I suspect I have failed to find a snap which will do this but trial and error and trawling through the help section have thus far failed to provide the information I need. Any clues would be very welcome.

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    @NeilCooke Thank you. I knew there was a way - the bit I had overlooked was snapping the origin of the triad to a reference point before dragging the sketch.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    @NeilCooke Thank you. I knew there was a way - the bit I had overlooked was snapping the origin of the triad to a reference point before dragging the sketch.