Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Part Naming

cory_isaacsoncory_isaacson Member, Developers Posts: 43 PRO
I am using FS to generate multiple parts in a single feature (sometimes 20 or more). They come out with default names, like Part1, Part2, etc. I understand that part naming is not possible right now with FS. Is there a way to do this with the API, after the parts are generated? If so, how can I figure out what PartN is so I can rename it (such as MyPartN)?

Best Answer

Answers

• adamohernadamohern Member, OS Professional Posts: 216 PRO
    Is this still the state of the art? Is there an FS solution yet?
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    There is no FS solution yet, but we are closer -- a number of changes are in the works, that when combined, will make it possible to set part names and colors in FS.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • john_hansonjohn_hanson Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Bumping this thread. Is this still the best way? Very much looking forward to a FS solution.
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    The state is still unchanged but we're very close to releasing this ability.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc