Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there a setting to change the color scheme?

steve_perezsteve_perez Member Posts: 1
The background is default set to white, which is absolute terror on the eyes, and the main reason I've been drawn away from using Onshape. Perhaps something similar to AutoCad Inventor, SolidWorks, what have you, where there are preset alternate color schemes, and the option to set your own colors. 

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Gotta Agree.  The white background is burning out my eyeballs.
  • Options
    Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    If you're using chrome there's this add on that helps.

http://mybrowseraddon.com/screen-color-temperature.html
  • Options
    adrian_maleskaadrian_maleska Member Posts: 6
    I'm with you Steve - especially when working late at night it hurts the eyes. I hope there will be a dark theme available soon. Till then I'm using the chrome extension Dark Reader:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

But such extensions should be available for other browsers too.
  • Options
    alex_snellingalex_snelling Member Posts: 2

I made a Chrome extension for Onshape Dark mode. You can toggle between light and dark mode and change the model view background to dark. You can also add colour themes to any colour you want. Here is the link: Chrome Web Store

Item media 1 screenshot

Item media 2 screenshot

• Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 478 PRO
    @alex_snelling
     Just started playing with this. 
    But so far...
    This is brilliant and executed well. 
  • Options
    Matthew_CurranMatthew_Curran Member, csevp Posts: 19 PRO
    @alex_snelling
    This is awesome! By far the best dark mode extension I've tried for Onshape. 
    The only issue I have is that this seems to only work for cad.onshape.com, and I work on an enterprise account which is enterprisename.onshape.com. Is there a way for us to add additional URLs to the extension?