Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Upload Solidworks or IGS files.

diarmuiddiarmuid Member Posts: 2 EDU

I'm having issues uploading Solidworks or iges files. The file will upload but I don’t see any geometry. All the tab shows is the Name, File name and File type. This seems to be the same for any file type,  I have tried .sldprt .sldasm .igs and .x_t file types and all have the same issue. Am I missing something when trying to import or is there an issue with the system?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    diarmuiddiarmuid Member Posts: 2 EDU

Ok I figured it out... right click the tab and translate I was having issues with the sldasm file (possibly because of the lack of .sldprt files). However why did the translate not happen automatically when I uploaded the file?

• Options
    3D3D OS Professional Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Any recommendations on the best way to work with or convert .edrw files?
    From online research seems to be Solidworks file type?
    In searching on the forum & / help, there does not seem to be any relevant information.

Would appreciate help from anyone who knows.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    .edrw is an eDrawings viewer file and cannot be opened by anything other than eDrawings. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    HakroHakro Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    You can download the free eDrawings Viewer from www.edrawingsviewer.com.
    Can open these formats: