Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I enter the dimension of this hole?

PahlPahl Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
edited March 2017 in Community Support
The big hole in this drawing shows it as M35x1.5 - 6H and the side view seems to show a "C2" on the angle of the countersink.
How do I use the OS hole tool to create this hole?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c9f640e1ed4b2e855a02bd71/w/df4530fb14b0c217fa910787/e/2d44720c3ee58b08ce043c45

Thanks,

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    leon_pootleon_poot Member, Developers Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Interesting, the OS hole tool doesn't seem to allow any ISO dimension above M20.
    If threading is necessary, I'd create a custom feature using FeatureScript, adapting the code from the Hole feature. For M35 the hole diameter would be 33.5 mm.

C2 is just another way of dimensioning the 2mm chamfer, instead of "2 x 2".

Edit: something like this: Custom Hole Feature.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless