Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sub assembly mate overconstrained

pierre_gillespierre_gilles Member, Developers Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited March 2017 in Community Support
Hi everyone,

So I have started to model the DBOT Core XY 3d Printer designed by spauda01 (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1001065) on OnShape.
My 2 goals are to learn to use Onshape, and to have a 3d model of this printer so I can easily make some improvement once I had built it.

My issue is in assembly. I have a first assembly "3x3 Plate Rear Right Assembly" composed of 12 parts. 1 plate and 11 screw and nut and washer.
I ha ve used the fastened mate to assemble the fasteners with the plate. Everything is fine.
But when I use this assembly in another assembly "Rear right Beam" The mates of the sub-assembly are displayed as overconstrained. even if I did'nt add any constrain in the assembly.
Here are 2 pictures of the feature tree of each assembly
3x3 Plate Rear Right assembly (sub-assembly)

Rear Right Beam (assembly)

I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Any help would be good.

Here is the link to the document which is public https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2096e13f381fdeed3052900f/w/6b4f89df6b2af6490fa259ee/e/0ac1e9b27da914a904790a50

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    pierre_gillespierre_gilles Member, Developers Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Ok, I'll try to avoid the use of pattern for now.

By the way, you are planar mate crazy :)
    Yep, in fact it's a solidworks habits, I understood how to use mate in onshape once I had made a lot of assemblies. I am in the phase of recreating the mates in a more "onshape" way.

Thanks for your help !!
  • Options
    malay_kumarmalay_kumar Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 93
    This is a bug. Will be fixed soon. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.