Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

FeatureScript-Automatically fill in variables set by the user in previous code

Lee_HeskethLee_Hesketh Member, Developers Posts: 148 ✭✭
I don't know how easy this would be, but it would be really helpful if when creating a variable, Onshape saves it. Then, in later operations when that variable is used, instead of having to copy and paste it in or risk misspelling, and throwing and error, there could be a drop down of all variables. Or instead of all, it matches variables based on what is already typed, i.e. autofill
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, those who don't and those who didn't expect base 3!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    One thing I like about the VBA IDE is that it will recognise variables and match the case of the declaration.

So we can
    (a) Declare a variable such as "AppleCounter" and then in our code...
    (b) Use this variable in a code module and just type in "applecounter" all lower case.  If we've got it right the IDE will then put in the caps so we know we've got it right, if nothing happens then we can go back and find out what we did wrong...

There was no auto complete but there were ways of cheating using enums that would generate a dropdown list of options

Little things like this really make the process more satisfying.

OwS
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    I am going to move this over to the FS category so our teams see it.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.