Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Adding Curved Lines to Empty Drawing

spencer_cook934spencer_cook934 Member Posts: 4
Hi,
I am trying to create a multiview projection of a jacket that my school group is designing, so I am starting from an empty drawing, without a CAD part of the jacket. I am looking to draw the jacket with the "Create drawing" option. I am able to use the "line" feature to draw the straight lines of the jacket, however I have not figured out a way to insert curved lines for the rounded parts of the jacket. Is there any way I could do this? I would have done a CAD model first but it is extremely hard to make a CAD of a garment of clothing. 
Thanks for much for the help

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    there are currently no proper sketch tools in drawing

they are currently thinking about adding the ability to insert a sketch (from a part studio) into a drawing, but no idea when that will come yet

until then, you will need to design in a part studio.