Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Connect two parts using revolute mate without braking other connections

Hi, I just want to know is it anyway to create new connection without braking other connections, here is my example:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/dec9d680c0738fb31d7de0c5/w/b7fcbb8cfcbce7d329a47010/e/c4a2c8fe27ffbc076e1d0acc
I want to connect Part 1 <10> with Part 1 <13> using revolute mate without braking other revolute mate connections

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,896 PRO
    It looks like you have it connected. I assume you figured it out.

Might I suggest instead of so many revolute mates,
    Change the following Revolutes to Fastened:

It's a minor thing, but having too many "extra" degrees of freedom could slow down larger models. Having parts locked together whenever possible is usually desired.

Having perfectly cylindrical parts (like washers, studs, bolts, etc) have no need to be free spinning in most cases. Also it is near impossible to tell if the part is spinning in the assembly anyways unless you put a witness mark on it, or watch very closely at the edge of the part as you rotate :)