Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

PERMISSIONS FOR EACH TAB IN A DOCUMENT

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does Onshape documents have the ability to set the permission levels on each tab in a document.

Example: I send the link to the Onshape Docment to my laser operator on the shop floor. I want my operator to be able to view an measure on the model and drawing, read/write acess for the .dxf file, and read only for realted documents attached such as MTRs, Purchase Orders, etc.

Is this possible?
Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Hi Bryan, I don't believe this is possible yet. I think it would make sense to be able to have all these files saved and organised into the Onshape document and the ability to be able to share with varying permissions to other users in the company who need access to the specific data. I imagine your traditional method is to dump these files into directories on the company server. If there was a really nice way to do this in Onshape it would be a real winner.

I think it's a bit weird that you can't save .dxf file to an Onshape tab from the RMB export. If using Onshape as the place to store these, you'd want to have this ability.

I'd like to be able to hide part studio from being viewed but for the user (most likely production users) to have access only to the individual parts, assemblies and related drawings and dxf files. These would also have to have a company workflows to control and refer to the correct revision.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977