Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Searching the feature tree for features used in a particular part...

owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
edited May 2017 in Using Onshape
Hi folks.

@philip_thomas included a great tip (well loads actually but this one caught my attention) in his last webinar.

Did you know you can search your feature tree not just by keyword or type but also by what part they were used to create?

example, if we type this into he search box:-
:part Roof
then we only see any features that had a hand in creating the part I've called "Roof".

Somehow I missed that this was possible, but it's so very useful if you have a huge "death by scrolling" feature tree.

If you all already knew about this then sorry for wasting your time, but thought it might be of interest to some until the OS stork brings us feature folders.

Cheers,

Owen S.
Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Owen - thank you for attending the webinar! 
    Glad you got something :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    featuring command line interface? :D actually for grouping features by parts I would better like to see graphic interface control)
  • Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    There is also a great tip around clicking and double-clicking on parts in the model space. See my comments here: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/34825#Comment_34825
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Options
    There is also a great tip around clicking and double-clicking on parts in the model space. See my comments here: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/34825#Comment_34825
    Oh, I missed that as well.  :o Very useful tip, thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers, Owen S.
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    That's an awesome tip... Thanks, @philip_thomas, and @owen_sparks for posting here 
    (Philip sorry I don't make many webinars but 3 am doesn't really suit me for webinars)
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    ...I don't make many webinars but 3 am doesn't really suit me for webinars)
    3am, that's brutal!! In the UK they fall about 12 hours into the working day, so I'm glad they're listen only as I tend to be pretty zonked out by then. 

I usually grab a bag of donuts and an enormous travel mug of coffee and pretend that I'm an American for an hour  :)

O.S.
    HWM-Water Ltd