Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Google Sheets

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in Community Support

Today I connected Onshape with Google Sheets.

I am attempting to import more than just BOM data into my Onshape document.

The first bit of data is to collect actual time to do a project. (I started with a simple table that collects CAD time)

I went online and followed a tutorial to create a Punch In/Out Time collection page in Google sheets. I was able to create buttons with the script code. By clicking on the user button then either In or Out button it would populate a table that I could import into my Onshape drawing.

What I am hoping to create here is the ability to dynamically collect time and progression of a job through the shop floor by opening the tab on the drawing page and see the table update. I want to have this information in one area. This way I just have to go to my Onshape document to collect design, dimensional data, technical document data (uploaded MTR,certs,etc.), Time and QC information (hoping to create a dynamic table that shows dimensional inspection of the part).

The only issue I am having right now is that I have to convert the time fields to Text before importing so that it shows up as time on the Onshape drawing page. Is there a way to keep the time field formatted as time without having to format the cells to text before importing?

Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have already made a QR code of the Onshape document that I placed on the work order that allows you to use a smart phone, scan, and have the Onshape document open on your smart phone. I plan to now add a QR code of the google sheet on the work order, to scan, open on a smart phone and start to log time.
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Options
    Justo_TarulaJusto_Tarula Member Posts: 3 PRO
    Anyway to link up an ECO to an Onshape parts document? I'm thinking maybe even a link to a google sheets spreadsheet to take users from onshape to google sheets and be able to upload back to Onshape as a apdf when necessary?