Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Extrude to a vertex

gyrexgyrex Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited May 2017 in Community Support
Hi everyone,

I'm really new to CAD and I'm attempting to extrude a sketch to a vertex and hopefully have it taper to this point but I'm having some issues. Can someone help me please? I attempted to use the draft option but my extrude doesn't follow the wall lines and tapers to a point offset from the walls.

Also, is there a better way to start this sketch? I had to create a new plane offset from the top of the case, then created a new sketch on that plane. In that sketch I created a rectangle and then made the lines coincident to the inner walls of the box. Then created the triangle you see in the screenshot below. This seems like quite an arduous process for what I thought should have been an easy process.

Here's a link to the CAD: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7acaac9aa46245186225afb6/w/239620736401d6f7997c98fb/e/eafacf164241373b2a38ee26 

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Best Answers

Answers

• gyrexgyrex Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Perfect! Thanks for that Owen :) Regarding my other question relating to adding new planes, is this the best way to achieve what I was doing?