Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Some little things that would be nice to add.

igor_vinogradigor_vinograd Member Posts: 4
The ability to use the dimension tool while doing an extrusion. When building a part based on another part it is sometimes time consuming generating extrusions that come up to the first part. If I could start the extrusion and then use the dimension tool to set a distance to the feature in question it would be a great time savings. 

Doing math in the extrude dialog when doing a blind extrusion. I've done math other places like when using the dimension tool, I can type in a sum or difference of dimensions. It is also awesome that the math is saved. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Hi @igor_vinograd welcome to Onshape!

Have you tried up to face / up to part / offset distance (under the Blind pull down menu in the Extrude feature)?

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    igor_vinogradigor_vinograd Member Posts: 4
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi @igor_vinograd welcome to Onshape!

Have you tried up to face / up to part / offset distance (under the Blind pull down menu in the Extrude feature)?

I have not had much luck with anything else than blind. Since I have not had luck I have not been trying it. I'll give it a try.