Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - June 12th, 2017

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kevin_at_BCWPKevin_at_BCWP Member Posts: 7 PRO
    Drawing in document preview...I can't say I'm too thrilled about it. :/ Is there any plan to allow a specific tab to be selected for the document preview?
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Drawing in document preview...I can't say I'm too thrilled about it. :/ Is there any plan to allow a specific tab to be selected for the document preview
    Preview is set by the last active tab
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Drawing in document preview...I can't say I'm too thrilled about it. :/ Is there any plan to allow a specific tab to be selected for the document preview?

I don't like my documents previewed in my home pages as drawing either, looked better when it just came up as the 3d models and @johnmcclary, I have never remembered to switch tabs before logging out/closing a doc, I think it should have default to the first tab or other optional selection.

I do however love the drawing preview while in the working in my doc, this was an absolute must have.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO

I don't like my documents previewed in my home pages as drawing either, looked better when it just came up as the 3d models and @johnmcclary, I have never remembered to switch tabs before logging out/closing a doc, I think it should have default to the first tab or other optional selection.

I do however love the drawing preview while in the working in my doc, this was an absolute must have.
    Yea, one more thing to remember, but I was just pointing out how you could do it today
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    @john_mcclary certainly, thanks for helping out the community, for me I just don't want to have to remember the extra step. 

There is an improvement request somewhere for specifying preview tab.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    fastwayjimfastwayjim Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 220 PRO
    Great update to the 2D drawings!