Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Extrude to face & second end option

Josy_LaJosy_La Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
edited June 2017 in Community Support
Hi!

Why when I ask to extrude up to a face Onshape does not automatically adapt the direction every time... it seems logical. Sometimes it works perfectly as it should but other times if I select a face I don't want the opposite direction by default. I think the natural direction should correspond to the XYZ system as they are pointing towards a positive direction.

Same when extruding to a second end point, 99% of the time I want the opposite direction from the first one to be able to extrude between 2 references. Often Onshape inital modelling proposition does not give desired result and I have to flip arrows. Am I the only one annoyed by this behavior?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I use this feature a lot to offset part from sketch and for me it's been consistent, first value grows out from sketch second tries to go in opposite direction and I need to flip it everytime.

But I'm annoyed with assembly mate offsets, I know mate connectors have their own coordinate system but it seems that I always need to add '-' to get offset in desired direction - and there is no button to flip direction (there should be in name of consistent UI around software!)
    //rami