Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Went Pro today

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭✭
We pulled the trigger and got a Pro seat of Onshape to work in parallel with our current seats of Solid Edge. Hopefully we will make the full switch once Onshape sheet metal capabilities get on par with Edge.

I am counting on you @scott_harris , @lana , and the rest of the Onshape team to regularly pump out the great sheet metal updates. 
Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @bryan_lagrange - welcome aboard! (About bloody time! ;))

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    @bryan_lagrange

Thank you and it is great to hear! We are doing our best to get those sheet metal features to you!
    Support & QA
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 695
    @bryan_lagrange
    Thank you for all your input so far. We are working on that.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Awesome @bryan_lagrange !

I'm jealous..

I've been pushing for OnShape at work for the last year, but Sheet-metal is holding us back (only slightly now). it's to the point we have 1 station with onshape as the only (installed) cad solution. . . soon. . . soooon we shale all be as one coherent unit. . just counting the days until I can uninstall solidquarks

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    edited June 2017
    @john_mcclary I'd encourage you to make sure you have a company set up in Onshape so it's easy to add other users and have things like custom meta data schema defined for the data that will be owned by the company you would collectively be a part of with your colleagues.  

https://cad.onshape.com/help/#company.htm?Highlight=managing companies
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    edited June 2017
    PeteYodis said:
    @john_mcclary I'd encourage you to make sure you have a company set up in Onshape so it's easy to add other users and have things like custom meta data schema defined for the data that will be owned by the company you would collectively be a part of with your colleagues.  
    yea i really do need to set that up.. i was wondering about the ability to transfer the company across accounts.  but havent gotten an answer from onshape if its possible. i dont wanna set up a company on my account if i cant set the owner later. and i dont want to pay for a separate account just for company properties