Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hull design

amnon_cohenamnon_cohen Member Posts: 1

I like to work/experiment with modern boat hull design, and wonder if you have a sample for me to manipulate, so to help me save time, as I am new to this art.

A simple deep V or flat bottom hull is OK, because starting from A Box may not be as much fun.

Thanks for any help,

Amnon
:)

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    If you happen to be a Delftship Pro user you can export your hulls as Iges files in import them into OnS. As far as I know OnS does not do surfaces yet so hulls would be a real challenge.

Dave
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited May 2015
    @amnon_cohen You would need loft for sure.  We are working on adding loft and you would need a few other surfacing tools to complete this to a state for manufacturing.  It might be a good time to get familiar with the system by checking out our tutorials.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.