Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I extend the perpendicular edge of an extrude to an adjacent curved part.

jonas_rullojonas_rullo Member Posts: 2
edited August 2017 in Community Support
For this project:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/82d64b594c9cf2851bf76e27/w/8624f8dabaae1c9cd362005d/e/64b71d5b06b1f4be8ae51bd1
I have an arm sketched on one plane. The arm is extruded to a certain height. The top of the arm is also filleted, but that shouldn't really matter.

At the end of the arm there is a revolved sphere. The vertical face of the extrude does not meet the surface of the sphere due to the curve of the sphere sloping away from the arm. I want to have the end of the arm extend into or to the sphere to make a solid shape. I don't care if it goes into the sphere or just up to the surface. So far, I have not figured out how to connect that gap. 

Answers