Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loosing Mates when inserting parts and sub-assemblies into and assembly

I don't know what I'm doing wrong and need some help. The same problem occurs in multiple situations.
1) I import an air cylinder as a part studio (it consist of four individual parts). In the part studio I cannot move the individual parts relative to one another. When I insert the cylinder into an assembly the part studio comes apart and I can move all four parts of the part studio relative to one another.
2) I create an assembly model that consist of numerous part studios. In the assembly everything is mated and holds its position. When I insert the model into a second assembly (an assembly into a higher level assembly) the mates come loose and I need to re-create mates in the second assembly. 

Is this the way ONSHAPE is supposed to work?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    wayne_gebhardtwayne_gebhardt Member Posts: 3 PRO
    Thanks for the help. I just went thru the bootcamp and now recall the group mate thing. Thanks again. I have some things to try.