Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Constantly getting kicked out

dan_engererdan_engerer Member Posts: 63 PRO
Hi. I'm sure I'm not the only one to make a topic about this. 

Onshape is "kicking me out" very often (need to refresh browser). I know that this depends on the internet connection, but my question is this: Why do you make the user go through all the trouble of refreshing? It's very inconvenient and takes a long time. Why not just show a warning or something, or better yet, try to automatically reconnect? 

Just some honest feedback from someone who uses Onshape for many hours every day. 

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi Dan!

We would love to look into this issue for you.  Our goal is to give you a seamless experience, so if you're getting kicked out of your document something is wrong.  Please submit a ticket by clicking 'feedback' under the '?' menu in a document so we can look into this.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @dan_engerer
    You have probably exceeded the resources they have for you and they are just trying to send a message ;)  :D

What message do you get? Onshape is not connected or timeout?
    //rami