Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

how to make a version the active work space again?

How do you make a previous version the active model space again?  Or a version is saved, prior to making changes to a model.  It turns out the changes do not work and I want to go back to a previous version and make it active again.

Best Answers

Answers

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can create a new branch from a previous version anytime and then restore it.

Even, you can create a new version from any history change in your model and restore it without create branches.

Just select the wheel icon in the change you want in the Versions and history panel and pick "Create version here"
    Once you do that, you are working in that view only version. So you need to return to the main version, select the wheel icon of this new version and pick Restore
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    I would be careful with @_Ðave_ s suggestion, as it will create an entirely new document with none of the history of the document you are concerned with.

@paul_premakumar s suggestion would also be my suggestion, creating a new branch from the version you desire by opening the version manager and hitting the gear next to the version you want, then "Branch to create workspace..."

@emagdalenaC2C also gives a useful suggestion with slightly different results; you will restore the state of the document from a specific version, but not create a branch in doing so.  This basically erases all of the changes you've made since the restore point (don't worry, you could still get them back by looking through the version manager, but it is somewhat complicated).  This could be a good workflow if you know for absolutely sure that you never want to see those changes again.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jake_Rosenfeld Yes, the best part of that option is that you still working in the main workbench and you don't need to remember that the other branch is the rigth one
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común