Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Part Scaling in Onshape

jeffrey_yujeffrey_yu Member Posts: 2
Hi all,

I am trying to scale a finished part, does anyone know if Onshape does scaling?

Thanks,
Jeff

Answers

• Options
    grochinogrochino Moderator, Onshape Employees, User Group Leader Posts: 44
    You can choose Scale uniformly as the transform type with the Transform tool.

• Options
    richie_trentrichie_trent Member Posts: 4 PRO
    GREAT TIP!!

This just saved me so much time.  I actually needed to scale a sketch, but used this scale part function, then just created a sketch from the part.

Thanks!
  • Options
    paul_elliott363paul_elliott363 Member Posts: 7
    I have no problem defining the entities, of which there are 4 in my example, but, what on earth will be the point? I can't make anything work?
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 695
    @paul_elliott363
    Any point selection should work - that is the point that does not move in scaling. It is only important if you want to control end position of the part.
  • Options
    varocketryvarocketry Member Posts: 6
    I have a cylinrical part that is 60 mm in length.  I want to change that to 40mm.  But I don't want all the other dimensions to change.  How do I accomplish this?
  • Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Change the original sketch or extrude. If your looking to keep both sizes then look into part configurations. I you're just not sure about the height when starting out, a configuration variable can be used that is easy to change.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a9e269b89c55888131122ba3/w/441fc8bec72aef2b5be3ed5d/e/2c13dd92de1ec66a4a97229c

• Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

• Options
    tim_wheelertim_wheeler Member Posts: 19 PRO
    edited March 8
    Or use Move Face, switch to translate from offset and click on the face.  Determine direction and enter the dimensional change.