Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Finite Element Analysis

Does Onshape team will someday implement FEA capacity for structural, flow analysis, etc? I know the first step is to be able to draw, then go further with modeling.. it could be interesting the share capacity of multiple computers to solve a specific mesh, but I guess this would generate lots of data flow.

Just some ideas,  Marc

Answers

• Options
    joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    Stay tuned. You are going to see some great stuff related to this topic.... 

Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    sergio_p_sergio_p_ Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    +1 for FEA on Onshape :-)
    Sergio PLUCHINSKY
    CAD, FEA and Engineering Consultor
    +54 9 11 2250 0564
  • Options
    michael_dickeymichael_dickey Member Posts: 2
    +2 for FEA and flow analysis in Onshape! 
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    +3 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for FEA and flow analysis
  • Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    joe_dunne said:
    Stay tuned. You are going to see some great stuff related to this topic.... 

This is an old thread, but I hope you were not referring to the future app store with regards to this comment. I have sampled all of the structural analysis connected apps expect SIMSOLID so far and they are not easy to use nor intuitive. I have taught and used Creo Simulate to engineering technology students for the past few years and these apps feel like I've gone back in time to 1991 when I took an FEA class in college. The only reason I have not tried SIMSOLID yet it that I don't want to burn my 30 day free trial yet. It looks promising based on the webinar you hosted with Ken (I just watched it yesterday). Unless OS is still planning on integrating FEA natively, I will likely stick with Creo Simulate for the foreseeable future.