Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Strange conversions

I use Onshape for developing 3D-models and 2D objects to produce files for a lasercutter. For the last I export objects in a Part Studio as DXF files - version 2000. I open the files in Autocad 2016 to change the linecolors into blue (for cutting) and red (for engraving). And save the file. The lasercutter uses Coreldraw, so I open the colored file in Coreldraw, and start the cutting process. (It's a pitty that Onshape has no colorfeatures for hairlines).

There are two issues:
  • Circles in Onshape are also circles in Autocad 2016. But what is round in Onshape is more a polygon in Autocad.
  • Combinations of circles or bows with connected lines are in Onshape and Autocad the same (uh ... more or less polygons). But when I open the file in Coreldraw the circles or bows are not longer connected. e.g. not printable.
Gr, Hans

Answers