Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Feature Script for a break off tab for bending.
I come across this obstacle many times.
I have a part that I need to bend but the bend line is not parallel with edge to gauge from. Since we do not have a press brake with back gauges on different axis I have to do one of the following.
1) Etch the bend line then manually orient it between punch and die (not good for big run of parts)
2) Create a fixture that will attach to the back gauge and is in the shape of the contour of the part or gets the edge parallel with the bend.
3) Create a break off tab by adding a tab to the end that will create an edge that will be parallel with the bend line. After bending, the tab is broken off and the edges are ground smooth.
Do you guys think this would be a good feature script to create option 3. If so anyone up for the challenge of creating this feature script?
Attached is a .pdf of what I described above along with images.