Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Versions and History

Hi there,

For some reason I am unable to restore to a previous point in my history on a model I am working on.
I have tried to go back and create a version at the point I wanted to go back to, but it wouldn't restore to that point either. In the end I had to create a new branch. I am now in the same position where I can't go back to a previous point in the history. Am I doing something wrong?
My model currently has 6 branches. I am able to go back to a point in history but, at the top of the screen it just says 'RETURN..' which takes me back to the current model state (no option to restore).
If I click the gear or arrow in the history event, there is no option to restore.
Please help.

Many thanks,

Lateef.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693
    @Lateef_Rahman
    Please send a message via Feedback mechanism from the document where you've run into this issue and share the document with support. 

• Options
    Lateef_RahmanLateef_Rahman Member Posts: 5 PRO
    Thank you lana for your response but this appears to have fixed itself now???
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Good to hear!

It would be helpful for us anyway for you to submit a ticket describing what your experience was so that we can look into what happened.  Sorry for the trouble!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693
    Should it resurface please let us know.
  • Options
    Lateef_RahmanLateef_Rahman Member Posts: 5 PRO
    Hi lana, apologies but I am unable to share the document with you due to contractual obligations. Would you like me to still submit a ticket with a detailed explanation?
  • Options
    C_D_RC_D_R Member Posts: 5 PRO
    I am having this same trouble...October 2019 though..any updates?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,371
    @C_D_R we may never have had the opportunity to find the problem because it "fixed itself" - please create a support ticket and share your doc.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI