Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

how to remove cad.onshape.com

cuyler_wilkinsoncuyler_wilkinson Member Posts: 2
i have read a discussion about removing onshape and the answer " we currently don't have a way to remove accounts" disturbed me. so i passed it to my lawyer and he advised me to first: contact onshape for removal of my account. second : if this does not resolve issue then report this site as malicious to my service provider.
EVEN facebook has a way to remove your accounts. third: start legal procedures

Comments

• Options
    grochinogrochino Moderator, Onshape Employees, User Group Leader Posts: 44
    You can currently delete your own account by following the instructions below:

1) Go your account icon menu in the upper right of Onshape > My account
    2) Under Profile, click the link at the bottom of the page Delete my Onshape account
    3) Confirm by typing delete my account
    4) Confirm your password
    5) Click the Delete my account button.

After this is complete, you will be logged out and an explanation will be displayed:

Your account was successfully marked for deletion from Onshape. We are sorry to see you go.

Here is a summary of what will happen next:
    • We will permanently delete your account within 30 days.
    • During this time your account will be inaccessible.
    • Once this process is complete, your account and data will no longer be recoverable.
    • Documents owned by you or your company (if applicable) will no longer be available to you or anyone they are shared with.
    • Existing links to and copies of these documents will remain active.
  • Options
    colemancoleman OS Professional Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Bye cuyler_wilkinson we will miss you
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited October 2017
    @cuyler_wilkinson

You thought it's worth consulting a lawyer about removing your free account but then didn't proceed with his first advice and contact Onshape directly?

You rather share your lawyers advice in public forum, he might start legal procedures on your actions  :#

On edit, original message removed - thank god no one quoted  :D
    //rami