Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to add a live edge (uncut wood) in Featurescript

sven_kautlenbachsven_kautlenbach Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in FeatureScript
Hi!

I am a programmer first, but I have had some experience with SolidWorks before and now years later I have started to use Onshape to virtually build my ideas. One of the projects is a speakerbox. I have managed to build and assemble it with the built in features, but now I took a step further to simply parametrize it with some variables (like litres, wood thickness, max height).
To start with the little things first I have managed to create one rectangular side with code. It has some options like if this side would be the supporting one (automatically adds the thickness to the length) in the edge. For the sake of the visualization I would like to add a live edge to the sketch via boolean parameter. When manually doing it, I use spline tool to randomize the curvature.

These are the visuals built manually to get the general idea

I know that here should be some face to be queried and upon that there would be some spline sketch that then could be extruded upon that face/edge.
The spline curvature could be generated using some pseudo random function like proposed here - https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/18945

Cheers!

Comments