Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Help please with custom profile for BEAMS FS

owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
Hi folks.

It would appear that I've failed miserably to add a profile to the excellent beams FS. 

Setting it up in accordance with @NeilCooke 's video seemed to go perfectly, but when I come to use it it throws an error of:-
"Attempt to dereference non-container undefined"

Thinking I might have made a mess of the profile I tried adding a plain rectangle but got the same error.  So there are two additions
"Aluminium Extrusion" : Aluminium_Extrusions,<br>"OwenS_Dummy_Profile" : OwenS_Dummy_Profile

Link to public doc:-
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/3f1a16f5cacc70630e643f57/w/e5390cdc2c45970848d7b2a2/e/e90199aeb1189e2b7485fb99

If anyone is free to have a poke about and tell me what I've done wrong I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Owen S

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd

Best Answers

• Options
    kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    Answer ✓
    The feature is looking for specific fields in the lookupTable by name. So where you have:
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; "name" : "Extrusion",
    You should have:
    <div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; "name" : "profile",</div><div></div>
    like the other tables. The display name (shown to users in the dialog) can still be whatever you want.

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi @kevin_o_toole_1

Thanks for showing me the error of my ways.

What a complete and utter...

...I am.

Thanks for your time,

Owen S.
    HWM-Water Ltd

Answers

• Options
    kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    Answer ✓
    The feature is looking for specific fields in the lookupTable by name. So where you have:
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; "name" : "Extrusion",
    You should have:
    <div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; "name" : "profile",</div><div></div>
    like the other tables. The display name (shown to users in the dialog) can still be whatever you want.

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi @kevin_o_toole_1

Thanks for showing me the error of my ways.

What a complete and utter...

...I am.

Thanks for your time,

Owen S.
    HWM-Water Ltd