Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

See all history without a lot of clicking?

brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
Is there an easy way to see the complete history for a document without a lot of clicking? I didn't see an "show all history" button or option when viewing history. Since every edit is logged, something that happened on a part yesterday may require 20-30 clicks show show more history and finally get to what you're looking for.

Comments

• Options
    florianflorian Member, OS Professional Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Check this: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/7437/advanced-history-and-versions-explorer

Its a request that might go in your direction.
  • Options
    Thanks, I had already voted on that one. I was hoping that maybe there was a change/update I had missed regarding this. 
  • Options
    mark_ottensmeyermark_ottensmeyer Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only person with this issue - scrolling down past 300 changes, still not as far back as I need to go.  Better modeling hygiene might be a solution in the future, but I need to get back to early states on an existing document...  Will vote for the other item as well.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I'm with you on this, but in the meantime why not create a named version every now and then for easier rollback?
    //rami
  • Options
    3dcad said:
    I'm with you on this, but in the meantime why not create a named version every now and then for easier rollback?
    That's a great idea. However, what about others on the team? How do you enforce it? Especially in my case, I am reviewing student work. I require a version named "submittal" for grading, and don't always get that. ;-)
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    That is good question, I don't have a lot of experience of actual team work (more than 2 co-operators). But even with my small team of 1-2 persons I see a lot of mix ups with versioning / rolling back the whole document. It can be because we create too much stuff on single doc but that's just because it's easier to work with than using linked docs and creating a version with each edit to see it in higher level.

I have also created some dummy sketches with name: 'Restore point 1' and then delete that to be able to find the right spot for rollback.. doesn't really solve the scrolling and clicking but makes it easier to spot..
    //rami