Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to get limits in opposite direction?

bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
Using implied mate connectors, the parts are aligned correctly.  How do I get limits on slider mate to allow movement in opposite direction?  The mate connectors are opposed to each other.  Limits do not seem to allow negative numbers and the implied mate connectors are opposed to each other, so a positive limit is wrong way.  Any way to flip the mate connectors?
www.accuratepattern.com

Best Answer

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    You can flip the orientation of implied mate connectors by expanding the Slider1 mate under Mate Features. You can then double click the mate connectors to edit them. Between flipping the mate orientation and adjusting Min/Max limit values, you should be able to get the desired behavior without editing the mate connectors.

Also, you can enter negative numbers. I believe the only limitation is that the minimum has to be less than the maximum (e.g. -2 < -1).

Check out my example.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/57acdfaae4b005c413ed9b6f/w/3fd585a46d3af1b3ba413c53/e/6e8ca1fb45e668d2961a7f22

Answers

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    You can flip the orientation of implied mate connectors by expanding the Slider1 mate under Mate Features. You can then double click the mate connectors to edit them. Between flipping the mate orientation and adjusting Min/Max limit values, you should be able to get the desired behavior without editing the mate connectors.

Also, you can enter negative numbers. I believe the only limitation is that the minimum has to be less than the maximum (e.g. -2 < -1).

Check out my example.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/57acdfaae4b005c413ed9b6f/w/3fd585a46d3af1b3ba413c53/e/6e8ca1fb45e668d2961a7f22

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @mahir

Excellent teaching!  Both of these tips answer my question   100% Sir!
    www.accuratepattern.com