Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

how do I make a compound curve?

darrin_jonesdarrin_jones Member Posts: 15
Ok I'm not sure even what question to ask. what i have is a profile that I want to sweep ( i think) the profile into a 90 degree corner, but following a particular shape. I've tried everything I can think of and I figure there has to be a way to do it but I don't know if I'm going about it the right way.

see drawing I'm wanting to fill the gap to match the profile
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/bb04c165ff728185574f76a8/w/5438e09251e13b0e9b71a29d/e/bb428c23ad13a4be0df936cf

Best Answers

• darrin_jonesdarrin_jones Member Posts: 15
    Answer ✓
    thanks Neil that's what I was after. and when you explain it like that, it makes sense. I was trying to make it too complicated...

Answers

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    Nice challenge.  The inside is easy with a surface sweep.  I did not get the outside to work; tried guide curve at corner with Fill Surface and that was ugly...  Be interesting to see solutions!  This is an example of the kind of surfacing I need.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • darrin_jonesdarrin_jones Member Posts: 15
    Answer ✓
    thanks Neil that's what I was after. and when you explain it like that, it makes sense. I was trying to make it too complicated...