Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Fun making a prop for a friends kid for Xmas

Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
Made a door knocker for a friend. The one pictured is not 100% but the 3D model in the link is pretty close to the photos I had. You can go in and play with the 3D model here https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a1...7dd3e299a84dcb the STL files are on tabs at the bottom and if you right click them you will be able to download the files and make your own.
I took some Smooth on XTC3D and painted the parts right out of the printer (I only printed half of the knocker at a time and glued together so no supports were used in the printing.)

Let me see what you come up with if you make one...

Comments

• Options
    EvanEvan Onshape Employees Posts: 62
    Nice result!

FYI, your link takes me to Facebook, which then redirects to non-functioning URL.  Looks like the link got broken in translation somewhere.