Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Flex line routing

SDSD Member Posts: 1
Has anyone been able to create a flexible hose routing that can easily be updated?
I have been playing with bridging curves to accomplish a mildly poor looking and hard to edit flexible hose model.

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I am about to start to do a test of some flexible hose routings too. I have a large assy with lots of movements and lots of hoses, I am thinking of creating an in-context studio with one of the positions, then building flexible stick line sketches referenced off the in-context to simulate movable positions. Then I am going to try and create a spline through a series of points controlled by the flexible tick line sketches, hopefully, I can set the spline to a controlled length for the maximum hose length and I see if the hose will still work the position by changing my sketches.  

I'll let you know how I get on. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team