Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Split Screen

It'd be nice to split-screen part studios and assemblies without a new Chome window.

Comments

• Chad_FortuneChad_Fortune Member Posts: 6 PRO
    This would be especially helpful when writing featurescript.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I've always thought chrome split screen was an awesome way to work, and can't really imagine a split with the Onshape UI. However, this may be a Mac feature, not chrome where it splits the screen vertically up the center when adding a new window but I am sure windows can do this too. I also really like in chrome how you can duplicate and tear tabs off to place them on other screens, I think it's great how the browsers tech is taken advantage of. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Chad_FortuneChad_Fortune Member Posts: 6 PRO
    I was thinking to have more of a horizontal split to help in writing feature script. In this way a user can modify what they see on either top/bottom of the split.
    I would use this to show preconditions and predicates on top of the split with the implementations below. Having the ability to see two areas of the same code would help prevent the need to scroll up and down to compare the two.
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why split-screen part studios and assemblies without a new Chome window?
    You can open a few windows and split the screen
    @Chad_Fortune you can do the same with a FeatureStudio tab

Actually if you can afford it (a monitor are very cheap) I recomended a second or even a third monitor to work ;-)

Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común