Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hatching / Break view on sections / Local sections / break a part in a drawing.

Here are the improvements that we really need, to be able to meet the minimum standards of our industry, as well as ANSI’s.

1-        Having the possibility to hatch different materials with different hatching symbols.

2-      Improving the hatching automatic spacing. Sometimes you get just one line of hatching for a surface.  If you cannot get the software to do it right, please give us the possibility to adjust it ourselves.

3-      Break view on sections. Details on a small scale views is not a good solution for our type of assemblies.  (see provided example)

4-      Local sections on an external view. We have to do it several times in a project, and we would not like to see all the section symbols everywhere.  (see provided example)

5-      The possibility to break a part in a drawing  (not for real) to show what is under it. (see provided example). This could possibly be done with the “local section” tool I mention on point   4-

I hope that I’m not asking for too big issues .

La simplicité est la sophistication suprême.
Léonard de Vinci
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    francois_bouletfrancois_boulet Member Posts: 65 EDU
    Posted before at the wrong place (Product feedback)
    La simplicité est la sophistication suprême.
    Léonard de Vinci
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,002
    I moved it back.. for improvements there needs to be one request per post.  Many of these are already submitted.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.