Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drg Templates

brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
Could anyone help please, I would like to create my own template in Onshape with my own title block. I have spent some time now watching the videos but still no success . If this is possible any help would be appreciated.
Regards Brian. 

Comments

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    How far have you got?  At which point along the process is it not working for you?

Cheers,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    This is on to do list as well....
  • KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    edited December 2017
    Brian,

There are several different workflows to achieve a custom drawing template, if you are importing a template from another CAD system please see the last section "Using traditional CAD drawings as templates in Onshape" in the help documentation here. If you are trying to modify a default Onshape template or public template to fit your needs, there is some information in the other sections of the help with the same link, but also check out this Tech Briefing, it dives a little deeper into this workflow.
  • brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Many thanks for your replies, After many tries think I made getting there but not cracked it yet. My aim is to edit the title block and to adjust the sheet boarder to give a little more drawing space. I have made a custom template which is in a custom template document but cannot get it to show in the Onshape templates list. Must be doing something wrong.  Brian.
  • rachel_ardenrachel_arden Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Is it in the correct format? I edit my custom templates as Onshape drawings then export a dwt.

Also I couldn't find mine until I moved them out of folders. 

A good check for whether it's the template or the permissions is in the document make a drawing of the template (right click on the tab, there should be a 'make a drawing of ___' option)
  • brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Cracked it at last.  Many thanks for the all the help I have received, till next time a happy christmas & new year to all.

Brian