Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Creating Angled workplanes?

Andrew_BassAndrew_Bass Member Posts: 4 EDU
I have a pupil who has a sphere and I need to create a hole at 45 degrees can you help?

Comments

• Options
    michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    edited January 2018
    To create a plane at 45 degrees from the initial working planes, you can select two starting planes (i.e. Top & Right), then select the plane command. If you selected the planes before the command it should automatically set itself to "midplane". There is a checkbox to change which direction the plane is going. You can then use this new plane however you want. You may need to offset it outside the sphere to drill a hole into the sphere at a required depth.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    You could also add an angled line to your semi-sphere sketch that you used to create the sphere and then create a plane normal to that curve endpoint. Then create a sketch on this new plane (if using the hole tool, just create a point coincident with the end of the line).

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI