Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
What's the easiest way to create a orthogonal line (axis) to a plane
I could create it in 4 steps using 2 sketches and 1 plane :
- draw a line on the plane through the point
- then create a plane based on the line that is vertical to it
- create a sketch based on that plane
- draw a line through the point and make it perpendicular
But I find that's a bit cumbersome, especially if you need more then one of them your document get's filled with help planes. Isn't there an easier way?