Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Measuring a chamfered box

bart_harrisbart_harris Member Posts: 29
Does anyone know how to measure the width/thickness/length of a 3D shape with rounded edges (eg. a chamfered/rounded box)?

Many thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    I like your ideas. Very good job of presenting them

David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    You can add all the great functions (loft) but until I can make a simple measurement to a four place decimal. You would think that this would be a very basic thing and a #1 priority, but apparently not that simple.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @3dexter  Very good suggestions, have you posted this as a ticket?
    All this would be in addition to current 'always on quick measurement' in the bottom right as you pointed with new tool button for measurement. 
    In my hierarchy this would be in top10 but not in top5 enhancements.

ps. I have posted only couple of questions in the forum but I know when someone writes an 'answer' (or any comment) system notifies to choose if the new comment is an answer or not. I suppose it can be pretty annoying if question is answered in the first post but thread turns out to general conversation with dozens of comments which system treats as 'answer' and notifies every time you log in that you need to accept or decline those.

//rami
  • 3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Thank @3dcadalready posted this as a ticket!
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3dcad said:
    @3dexter  Very good suggestions, have you posted this as a ticket?
    All this would be in addition to current 'always on quick measurement' in the bottom right as you pointed with new tool button for measurement. 

In the interests of keeping the interface as simple as possible, (and having regard for the limitations of small screens) perhaps instead of a new tool button, enhanced measurement could be invoked simply by double clicking on the appropriate region of the "always on" readout?