Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Trying to solid impression this drawing

mark_cunninghammark_cunningham Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
edited February 2018 in Drawings
I'm trying to figure out how to impression indent these numbers and dot to dot finalize but i forget how to finalize curvations. also I cant seem to keep an oval in the 6 here. Help is appreciated.https://cad.onshape.com/documents/6b8c218c0fb417b74ebc58ea/w/4543d20f2652d7272b1e5b29/e/dcfd5bbfd54b8475d51f0f5b
Here is the original:https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7494c4e456a7f3f2f67fec23/w/c0837a29816b35600ba6d1cd/e/46de9968e003b1fba4aa9cb2

Comments

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you're trying to accomplish. What do you mean by "finalize curvations"?

And what do you mean by keeping an oval in the 6? When I looked at your model, there is an oval in the 6. It's a different part since there is no attachment to the rest of the model, but it's there.

Did you already solve your issues after posting? Looks fine to me.
  • mark_cunninghammark_cunningham Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Lana Saved the day! How did you do it Lana?!
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    edited February 2018
    @mark_cunningham

At the top of her document you should see a 'Make a copy' button.  Press that to get a copy of her document, and then you can explore the inputs she used into the two extrude features.

From the current state of your document, what you'll need to do is:
    1. Flip the direction of your extrude so it is extruding up instead of down.  This can be accomplished by clicking on the manipulator arrow in the graphics area, or by pressing the button that looks like two arrows next to the extrude distance.
    2. Start another extrude; for this extrude, you'll want to select the inside of the letters.  To do this, you can click on them in the graphics area (don't click on 'sketch 1' in the feature tree).  The sketch will need to be visible for you to make selections from it.  If 'sketch 1' is greyed out in the feature tree, hover over it and click on the crossed-out eye to show the sketch.  If it is too hard to make the selections because the existing part is in the way, you can similarly hide the existing part by clicking the eye next to 'Part 1' in the parts list.
    3. Make sure that the second extrude is set to 'Add' and that either the 'merge with all' option is set, or the 'merge scope' is set to 'Part 1'.

edit: As usual, there are a bunch of ways to do what you want, and Lana did it slightly differently than I described.  It may be interesting for you to look at both ways and see which makes more sense to you.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team