Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Drawing Balloon Label Bug

frank_weeksfrank_weeks Member, Developers Posts: 6 EDU
When inserting a Balloon in a drawing, I type the Label into the dialog and click accept. However, the default Label appear in the balloon instead of the one I entered. I am then forced to edit it (which works fine) to get the one I want. Minor bug -- hopefully quick and easy to fix. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    Hi @frank_weeks.  Thanks, but could you please try it again this way:
    • Choose the balloon toolbar button, which opens the dialog.
    • Enter your label text into the dialog.
    • Click in the drawing to create a balloon in the drawing, which should have that label text.
    • Edit the label again and click to create the next balloon, as the dialog will remain open.
    • Repeat as many times as you want. When you are finished creating balloons, click Escape on the keyboard or click the green checkmark or red X button to close the dialog.
    So the text you enter into the dialog is for the next balloon you create.  Thanks!
    Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

• Options
    frank_weeksfrank_weeks Member, Developers Posts: 6 EDU
    That's great! I should have figured I was missing something intuitive. Thanks Bob.