Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Toggling between Drawing Sheets

frank_weeksfrank_weeks Member, Developers Posts: 6 EDU
I am relatively new to Drawings in OnShape but am getting the hang of it.

According to this page: https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/drawings-sheets.htm, I should be able to switch to another sheet simply by clicking on the name in the Sheet List flyout. However, I find the only way to go to another sheet is to use PgUp and PgDn keys. I can see how this would be a problem for someone using a computer without those keys. Am I missing something?

Also, am I able to rename sheets? Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 is not very descriptive / useful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    frank_weeksfrank_weeks Member, Developers Posts: 6 EDU
    Follow-up: I updated Chrome to the latest version and it works fine now. 
  • Options
    StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Onshape occasional gets fixated on a sheet and will not respond to double-clicking the name of another sheet in the sheet list. The only way I have found that corrects the problem is to reload the document.

@Support
    Regarding naming sheets: What is the reason for not allowing the following characters in the sheet name? <>/\":;?*|,=`

Also. what is the rationale for always expanding sheet list to display/list the sheet's views and references? 
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    StephenG said:
    I am having the same problem. Onshape occasional gets fixated on a sheet and will not respond to double-clicking the name of another sheet in the sheet list. The only way I have found that corrects the problem is to reload the document.
    Same here.
  • Options
    StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    I have discovered the "Up Arrow" and "Down Arrow" keys can also be used to go to the "Previous" and "Next" sheet, but the mouse focus must be the sheet list. The "PgUp" and "PgDn" keys always work.

Note: The "Home" key goes to the 1st sheet and "End" goes to the last sheet.

When double section stops working I now revert to using the keyboard to navigate through the drawing sheets.