Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Default share setting's

dick_van_der_vaartdick_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 51 PRO
I am wondering why in the default share setting's the "Copy" permission is checked, I often forget to uncheck and I don't like other,s making copies of my document.
Those copies are going to live there own life and disrupting the workflow within Onshape.
Ofcourse I can make an improvement request on this but I would like to know how other user's think about this first.
Like to hear some feedback.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,377
    I for one agree with you
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    I agree also. I think the default setting should be bare minimum to avoid accidentally giving too much privilege to the wrong person. I think "Can View" should be default with "Comment" and maybe also "Link Document" checked. Or the best would be the ability to change what is default so you don't always have to change the boxes if for example, 80 percent of your shares are with the same type of user or viewer and you have certain access rights you prefer to leave them.